Rep. Chu to Host 7th Annual Congressional Women of the Year Awards Ceremony
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Rep. Judy Chu (CA-27) announced the names of 14 women from across the San Gabriel Valley who will receive the Congressional Women of the Year Award. The award, now in its 7th year, will be given out at a ceremony at 10:00 am at the San Gabriel Masonic Temple on April 16, 2016.
The 2016 Honorees are:
- Laura Tellez Gagliano (Alhambra) – Ed.D Superintendent Alhambra Unified School District
- Denise Houlemard Jones (Altadena/Pasadena) – Community Activist
- Alice Wang (Arcadia) – Arcadia Library Commissioner
- Nancy Mintie (Claremont) – Executive Director, Uncommon Good
- Doris Blum (Glendora) – Former Board Member, Glendora Unified School District
- Maria Elena Yepes (Monterey Park) – Director, Learning Assistance Center at East Los Angeles College
- Dorothy Edwards (Pasadena) – Homeless Advocate
- Sheri Bonner (Pasadena) – President & CEO, Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley
- Carolin Eng (Rosemead/San Gabriel) – Chief Operation Officer, Herald Christian Health Center
- Linda Sun (San Marino) – CPA Managing Partner Sun Accountancy Corp.
- Sylvia Ramos (Sierra Madre) – Realtor Ramos & Ramos Real Estate Group, Century21 Village
- Linda Hess (South Pasadena) – Founder, Urban Harvester
- Helen Chen Marston (Temple City) – Real Estate Professional
- Hilda Kennedy (Upland) – Founder/President, AmPac Tri State Certified Development Company
Stay up to date with AmPac News
Are you ready to finance growth?
Click APPLY, fill out the form, and one of our AmPac Business Champions will contact you.